Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIM won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwbrick

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
I have a Dell Dimension 2350 running XP. I'm installing a new adaptor card. After the first step, to physically emplace the card with the computer OFF and unpluged, the computer will not start (power on). I reinserted and checked the power cord, pressed the start button a number of times and ways; I left it plugged in a sitting for 5-10 minutes; the green LED on the MB that stays on if the computer is OFF but still plugged in is ON. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rod B.

NEVER MIND [blush]

After resting for an hour or so, it powered up normally. Uncle Michael was just in a snit about something, I guess.
[dazed]

Rod B.

I'd keep an eye on that; those sorts of problems tend to point to an issue with the PSU.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back