Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digits not always recognized calling out to voice menus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Opt 61c succession 3.0 Digital sets 3900 series.
Outbound PRI/T1's

Calling into our own Call pilot menu is not a problem.

Users calling out and connecting to other companies Voice menus on many occasions their digits are not recognized
This happens often enough that it is a problem, but does not happen all the time.

pressing # at the end of the string does not help.

It does not seem to be any recurring channel on a paticular span.

I did check call timers and they are set to default values.

I can call another set next to me and on speaker,I can always hear every digit I press.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I think the problem is at that other company.

9201 it is Multiple companies

GHTROUT, I made the change
ld 16
chg
rdb
route xx
at gate opener cntl=yes
timr = eod 512
odt=512
return thru. verified change

I will wait and see what happens and post back if it is still happening.

Thank you very much !!

Cool. I've been faced with the exact same problem a hundred times. If you are in a pretty modern community with a newish Central Office, you can go down to a value of 384

The only risk of low EOD and ODT is loss of some trailing digits in Call Accounting systems when people dial really slow. That is rare though.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

If those changes don't help, I would also suggest you turn off EEST in LD 15 since you are using PRI. 1st print the FTR data in LD 21 to see how end to end signaling is currently setup.

LD 21
REQ: PRT
TYPE: FTR
CUST: 0

Look for EEST. Is it set to YES? If so, is DTMF set to YES?
If they are, I recommend you make the following change:

LD 15
REQ: CHG
TYPE: FTR
CUST: 0
(hit return to)
EEST: NO
(hit return out)

Making this change will also change what callers hear in their ear when they are dialing. It will go from the actual touch tones to the "beep, beep, beep" of the dial pad like a Norstar set.

War Eagle!!

EEST is already at no

Thank you for your suggestion.

You are welcome. I have seen that prompt cause many problems so I'm glad your is set correctly.

War Eagle!!

Ok.. Ive been playing with these timers and its not making a difference I started at 512 and went down to 312..even at 512 I could not hesitate when making a call.. If i delayed more than a second or 2 between numbers.. the call would send.. Ive been working my way back up 500 at a time and Im up over 5000, I was still having the issue. I had the vendor come out, he software disabled the TDS cards in the inactive core side (group 0). It seems to have taken care of the problem
(more testing still needed before I replace it)
Im wondering if someone can explain why it would pass the testing if it was bad.. and also maybe explain how these TDS ports work.. does every group (phone) access the same TDS card first and when those ports are full only then will it move to a different card and so on, or is like a round robin ?
We were able to duplicate the problem from phones residing in different groups.. I would think each group would have its own TDS card ??
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back