Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digits being suppressed on outbound calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickB19

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
US
On July 26, the 310 area code in Los Angeles received an overlay area code of 424 and it is now necessary to dial 1 and all 10 digits of a phone number. I'm having a problem with dialing certain numbers in the 310 area code. I can dial all 10 digits if the number is in the 310-275 exchange and the call will go through. I verified with the local phone company that the call is passing all 10 digits. If I try to dial a 10 digit number that is geographically closer to my location (such as 310-337-xxxx), my system is suppressing the 1310 and the call won't go through and I get a notification that I need to now dial 1 and the area code first. In my ARS analysis table, the string 1310 is set to min (10), max (10), route pat (p1), call type (fnpa). My partition-route-table for route index 1 has a 1 under the PGN 1 column and nothing in the other 7 columns. Route pattern 1 has 3 rows of entries:
Row 1: Grp No (5), FRL (2), NPA (310), Pfx Mrk (1)
Row 2: Grp No (7), FRL (2), NPA (310), Pfx Mrk (1)
Row 3: Grp No (1), FRL (2), NPA (310), Pfx Mrk (1)

I'm not sure where to look next. It seems obvious that the system is stripping digits off numbers to certain exchanges but not others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are probably entries in the Toll-Table that define what is a local vs. toll call in your HNPA. One thing that you can try is to change the area code on the trunk group in the Route Pattern to '200'. Do a 'list trace station x' and place some test calls. Look for the outpulsed digits on the TG.

Kevin

Changing the NPA for the Group 5 entry from '310' to '200' seems to have done the trick. What does the '200' mean in this context? I did try to look at the entries in the toll table but I'm afraid I don't know what they mean:
Total Toll CDR <--Unrestricted Call List-->
Dialed String Min Max RCL List FEAC 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
130 11 11 x x
1300 11 11 x x
131 11 11 x x
132 11 11 x x

200" is basically a non-entity for an NPA,as related to your local area code, if you have issues with Local(hnpa) calls and L/D (fnpa) within the same area code, and you do not wish to use the rhnpa tables. You might try replacing those hnpa/fnpa designations with national (natl) which is basically a "don't care" entry that tells the CO to route the call based on digits dialed, assuming you have your route patterns constructed correctly.
Using the command "list ars route-chosen xxxxxxxx>> will give you the route pattern that the call will traverse.

The "131" entry in your toll table indicates it is in a "Toll Restricted Call List" and may be restricted depending on the station "COR" administration. It is NOT a member of an "Unrestricted Call List".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back