Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digitally signing .mde file

Status
Not open for further replies.

closesupport

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
GB
I distribute a Microsoft Access .mde file that monitors an Outlook 2000 folder and then sends emails in reaction to certain events occuring. As many of you will know any version of Outlook above 2000 SR1 prevents emails being sent without user interaction. So I was wondering if it was possible to get a digital certificate applied to an mde file and then could that certificate be registered on a users PC thereby allowing the mde to auto-send emails? I asked Verisign if this was possible but they could not give a definitive answer and suggested I ask Microsoft. I did this and am still awaiting a response. Any of you good guys out there know the answer?

Hanging on your every thread

Pete

Have a look at for some options. Probably the best way is to either use MAPI direct ( or use the redemption library (
hth

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara

"Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
NoFX-The Decline
----------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back