Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digitally Signed Cabs(OCX) & Registering them

Status
Not open for further replies.

sounami

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
US
If anyone can help me on this topic. I am trying to write a web app that uses active x. As usual the developing enviorment allows me to see the component. Whereas on a client machine it doesn't. I read in a previous article that if the cab or ocx file is digitally signed that the problem will go away. I used the packaging tool offered by visual studio and made the cab. I then digitally signed a CAB containing the active x control with M$ tools. From my knowledge, if one signs the cab, the files inside the cabs are also digitally signed. When I access the page on the developing machine, it prompted me that I was accessing an unsafe control. It never prompted me the screen that stated that the control was digitally signed. Does anyone know if there are some steps I have to take to get this to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back