Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital to analog converter 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

safenestvmem

Technical User
Nov 16, 2019
US
I was trying to set up a digital to analog converter for a fax machine and some alarm lines and came across this product using antivira IP office 500 V2 9.0.

Konexx Digital / Analog Adapter

I would take an existing IP office DS port and plug in the converter. Similar to using a Nortel MICS and an ATM or ASM.

Has anyone ever used this product or is there a suggested product that you can recommend?

Thank you. By the way do you know if the IPO has a fiber extender that will link a DS module over fiber to a remote location?

I used this once with a Nortel MICS. It was an MCK Fiber Extender LOCAL and REMOTE unit that plugged into the MICS control unit on one end and the DS module on the remote end.

Maybe a third party fiber extender like MCK which is now called Citel.

It's actually still in service to this day.

It looks as though this is using an analogue handset connection on a digital phone rather than connecting direct.

AFAIK Avaya DS digital ports are proprietary with no adapters.

We use a Phone 2 700431778 card for our fax machine (never used now) and an analogue extension can be some distance away (this is the manual somewhere).

Alarms shouldn't really go through a PBX.

You have to remember that at the time of Nortel MICS and MCK Extenders IP telephony was in it's infancy or perhaps not even born yet. Now because IP telephony has come such a long way there is no longer a need for the type of old technology you are looking for with an IP Office.

Thank you Nortel4ever. I'll consider SCN or 9608 sets.

BTW, what's the history behind your user name? We're you a Nortel employee?

Never a Nortel employee, just an old technician that worked on Norstar since its inception and all the way to the BCM; loved the product and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back