Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Signature Format/Spacing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SME2022

Technical User
Aug 31, 2022
US
Hello,
I am running into a very specific digital signature issue in Acrobat. For reference, I work as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing plant producing parts for the UG Gov't. Part of the quality certification process is the completion of a government form in word, which is then converted and signed in pdf. We only recently got the OK to leave the stone age and begin signing these forms digitally (previously were signing and stamping them manually for each part) and the gov't inspectors are being real sticklers about the digital signature and certification occupying the same space as the physical signature and stamp once did. Yes, I am aware of the sheer stupidity of this problem.

The issue I am having is that our Quality team only has Acrobat Reader and signs forms using the "Certificates" function, which causes them to have to draw the box the will be signing once they complete the form in word and convert to pdf. If they don't guess the spacing correctly and the signature does not fall in the "signature" box and the certification does not fall in the "stamp" box next to it, the government will reject the entire form. I would like to standardize this process by creating a fillable form in Adobe that saves time of converting, but since we have a number of quality engineers with different name length, there is no way to format the signature to always fall with the name in one box and the certificate in the next. I have Acrobat Standard for other job functions, so if there is a way to ensure the digital signature certificate can populate in a different space than the digital signature itself, that would be incredibly helpful. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back