Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital (Compaq) LA70 Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhotard

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
I have a handful (10 or so) of Digital LA70 printers. They still work great despite their age. My problem is this:

On the old system that we used these printers on, the printers were set to use the serial port connection. I now need to set them all to use the parallel interface in order to continue using them with our new equipmet.

The setting must be made through the front panel somehow, but I can't figure it out. These printers were bought long before I started working here, so there are no manuals available on site.

Anyone who has experience with these printers (or a manual for them), please reply.

Thanks.

I just went to Compaq's website, typed in LA70 in the search window, and found Documentation for that printer. Actually, I used to work on those things, but It was so long ago I can't even remember what the Control Panel looks like. Hope this helps you...

Well, I'd already been to the Compaq site, but I'll look again...I may have overlooked something. So far, I've found over 100 companies on the web that will sell me an LA70 printer, but no one can tell me how to configure one.

Thanks.

Just type LA70 in the search window on the main page and it'll take you there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back