Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital (Compaq) LA70 Personal Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhotard

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
I have a handful (10 or so) of Digital LA70 printers. They still work great despite their age. My problem is this:

On the old system that we used these printers on, the printers were set to use the serial port connection. I now need to set them all to use the parallel interface in order to use them with our new terminals.

The setting must be made through the front panel somehow, but I can't figure it out. These printers were bought long before I started working here, so there are no manuals available on site.

Anyone who has experience with these printers (or a manual for them), please reply.

Thanks.

You usualy have to hold down a surtain button like on-line or sumthn like that wile you turn them on.

You could look in the site for the keywod la70 configuration..

Good Luck.
L8ter!

Yes, I figured out that by holding the "Ready" key when powering on, it prints out the current configuration.

No luck on the compaq site. Several weeks ago, (on the compaq site) I did see a number to call to order a manual, but I have not been able to find it again.

Thanks!

That should be a big help. It would be easy to go ahead and buy some new printers...but I really want to try to save some $$$$ here by reusing the assets that we already have. Dot matrix printers are not cheap these days.
I certainly appreciate the help you provided.

Felix

I have this file:
LA70 Personal Printer Service Guide EK-LA70J-SG-001.pdf

If you whant it send me an emil and I will reply to you with the attachment.

moisdude@coqui.net
L8ter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back