Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Certificate(Valid To/ Valid From)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GitaMirza

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
IN
I have installed Certificate Services on my machine.
I am unable to find out a option which could make the end user specify the "Valid To" and "Valid From" properties of the certificate.
That is im unable to edit this field as per my choice .
All the certificates issued from the CA installed on the MS Windows 2K(Certificate Services) server are by default of 1 year from today's date.
I am unable to find an option where i could edit this field.
Please help.

Hi!

There is No valid date for your local certificate Server.Valid date option is just available on Certificates issue by CA. iis_guru@yahoo.com

The "Valid To" and "Valid from" option specifies the duration for which the certificate is valid. I will explain it again:
While issuing a certificate we specify the duration for which it is valid. I am unable to make my Certificate Server to allow the end user to enjoy this option . If i generate a certificate using it I am obtaining a certificate of just one year.
No option is given to me where i could edit this feild. So i want to know what settings should be made on the server so that the end user has the liberty to specify the duration for which certificate is valid.
Thanks for the response.
Waiting again for help.

Hi!

You can't issue a certificate with valid date it will be un trusted and for ever.

iis_guru@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back