Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Certificate & DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImASig

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
I have recently installed a windows server 2003 (SBS) at our office and set it up to handle our internal DNS request (for active directory) and set to forward all unknown request to my ISP DNS. Everything works great except for one website where we use a digital certificate. I can get to the homepage of the site, but when I click on the secure section that requires the certificate it prompts for the correct one as usual, but then gives me a DNS error once I click ok. Is there any tweaking I need to do to get digital certificates to work if I'm going through a win 2k3 server?

It's just your basic this page cannot be displayed error that you get in internet explorer when you can't get to a webpage.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

I have resolved the issue. The problem was the digital certificate. It somehow got corrupted when I was changing my network settings. I removed it and re-imported it and everything is working fine. Thanks Serbtastic for attempting to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back