Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Certificate and Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohini21

Programmer
Jan 19, 2003
NZ
Hi There,

I am developing an in-house software for my organisation in Access 2003 as ADP running over MSDE. I would like to distribute the software to the people within our company. For testing purpose I had installed MS Access 2003 runtime on a PC. I tried to run the application and it started giving me macro warnings which I got rid by installing latest Jet Engine with Service Pack.

The latest issue is getting rid of warning saying that "
The code might be harmful". Please correct me if I am wrong. The knowledge I have gained after reading through few threads and articles is that I need to install a digital certificate to distribute the software without any warnings.

My question are as follows:
1. Will MS Access 2k self certificate work for Access 2003?
2. Is it necessary to get a digital certificate from a 3rd party like Verisign?
3. Is there an alternative way to get the application working?

I'll appreacte if some one could help me.

Thanks

Hi
Having just switched an application to Access2003, yes, it is annoying isn't it.

HAve you looked at the Digital Signature option (open any module in design view, choose Tools \ Digital Signature), it may help you

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back