Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital and analog phones in Tandem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee4u

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
NZ
Trying to tandem up a 2030 digital phone and a DECT analog phone and having them both ring at the same time,having the ability to answer from either phone, however when either of these phones is being used then the extension is busy and will give an engaged signal if someone else trys to call.
Covering extension handles the first part of the problem, but leaves the digital on hook and available if answered on the DECT.
I have a setup as listed below:

Graham main phone....extn 740
Graham DECT..........extn 840
coverage on 740 is extn 840

740 is the listed number for Graham

someone rings Graham on 740 and he can answer it from either 740 or 840, however when he answers it from 840 another call can come in to 740. Graham does not want this!!

I guess all I am wanting is true tandem meaning if either extn is busy..both are busy. Is this possible???

At this point the only way I can see is with an analog desk phone hard wired to an analog dect port. But the customer wants 2030 deskphones.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Graham Brewer
New Zealand

You need the dect Integration Licence & the dect integration application supplied on the admin CD

Hey Grahem A fellow Kiwi, as the gooroo says we have sites in Auck that use the Dect Integration, works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back