Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digit Collection in Vecntor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdzn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2013
CA
is there a way to prevent callers pressing extra digits, for example vector step "collect 1 digit after announcement", I want caller to press only 1 digit, is there any check in the vector ie lenght of digits etc...

This?
01 collect 1 digits after announcement none
02 goto step 1 if digits > 9

No, doesn't work...lets say if caller is entering ext number 4001 without going to a "Dialby Ext" VDN step 2, call will be routed to 1237 as per step 5, I need to make sure that caller doesnt press more than 1 digit..

I can collect 2 digits instead and check against the vrt table, but it delays 2-3 sec, because system has to wait for 2nd digit...
here is my vector

01 collect 1 digit after announcement
02 route to 1234 if digit = 1 "Dial by Ext"
03 route to 1235 if digit = 2
04 route to 1236 if digit = 3
05 route to 1237 if digit = 4

if you collect 1 digit, but the caller presses multiple digits, the extra digits are stored in buffer, so you can use it later.

if you have vector variables, you can concatenate the digits, I do that to allow the caller to press 1 digit for the menu promp, but also to dial the direct 4 digit extension. If all of your extensions start with the same digit it is pretty easy to do..

so you could

01 collect 1 digit after announcement XXXX for A
02 route to 1234 if digit = 2
03 route to 1236 if digit = 3
04 goto step XX if digit = 4 (assuming your extensions are 4xxx)
XX collect 3 digits after announcement none for B
X1 set C = A CATR B
X2 route to number C with cov Y if unconditionally...

so I cannot validate by doing the following if caller is pressing multiple digits.

01 wait-time 1 secs hearing silence
02 collect 3 digits after announcement none for X
03 goto step 2 if X > 9

here is my vector trace : I pressed 666 while collecting 1 digit, and X only saved first digit....

15:41:56 149 3 variable X = [6] -> (6) collect local
15:41:56 149 3 goto step 2 if X > 9

Correction :

basically, I don't want caller to press more than 1 digit in this vector...if they press 666 then call will be routed to oprion 6 in the vector, that is misdirected call...

so I cannot validate by doing the following if caller is pressing multiple digits.

01 wait-time 1 secs hearing silence
02 collect 1 digits after announcement 1234 for X
03 goto step 2 if X > 9

here is my vector trace : I pressed 666 while collecting 1 digit, and X only saved first digit....

15:41:56 149 3 variable X = [6] -> (6) collect local
15:41:56 149 3 goto step 2 if X > 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back