Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diffrent message to same mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

sljulian

Technical User
Mar 1, 2011
US
I am new to the callpilot and I know I can do this in other voicemail systems and was hoping someone could tell me if it is possible and how to do it,
I have a user that wants a application that when a caller listens to the greeting and is offered choices like press 1 for this and 2 for that, The caller will end up being asked to leave a message with some detailed information. Here is where the problem comes in, If the caller presses 1 the instructions will be different than if they press 2, but when the caller leaves the message I want it to go in to the same mailbox so the user only has to check one mailbox. Can this be done and if so how would I accomplish it?

Thank you
Stacey

You would have to build an application to front this with the options you describe, with the last step being to forward to the appropriate voice mail box for each path.
How you would do this would depend on the version of Call Pilot you have.

Thank you,
I have a CP 5.0. I have been looking through the Application Builder manual and I found "Express Voice Messaging service". If I were to use this for digit 1 and digit 2 with different announcements in each one and the out to mailbox 5555 would the caller hear the announcement and the mailbox greeting or just the announcement and leave message in mailbox 5555?

Thank you

I do not have this particular set up on one of my mailboxes, but my guess is, you will hear both greetings. A better way to think of this: What ever you want it to do, it will do the opposite!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back