Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difficulty Using Form with Checkboxes as Query Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyli84

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
GB
I am trying to create a form where controls on it can be used as the criteria for a query. I have a table called computers which also has certain software titles on it of yes/no data type to indicate whether that computer has that software installed on it. The computer table is linked to a staff table by a User ID and I have created a query that shows the staff details I want as well as having every software title listed in it with their criteria set to corresponding checkboxes on a form I have created called "Software Query Form". This unbound form I have created has every software title as a checkbox and it has a button that runs the Software Query I set up. Ideally the user should click on the software titles on the form, press the cmdRunSoftwareQuery button and the query would return the User ID and user details of the person who had that software. This does not work though and I don't know why. I have tried running the query entering the criteria rather than using the form as an interface and that works. What could I do to make it work?

Also, in this query, seeing as I have set criteria for every software title as the corresponding control on a form, if I say only select "Acrobat" on the form would it return records where the User JUST had acrobat (would not selecting anything in the other checkboxes make the query search for null values in the other fields) or any records that contained Acrobat. I need the 2nd option otherwise the form is useless.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back