Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difficulty in selecting very similar pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooniebear

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
US
Yesterday I had a huge scanned map (not a GIS funcational map) in which I was supposed to replace the outer, light aqua areas with a color that was different than the water which is a little darker blue. I got this project, it had to be done in 15 min, needless to say I thought it was a cinch but when I went to select 'similar' it ended up selecting all the blues, no matter what value I put in the tolerance. I also looked at the channels and copying the layers on top of one another with different blending modes to see if I could isolate this lighter aqua layer without selecting the major waterways. I ended up doing it all my separate selections today (took me 4 hours) but was hoping there was another way so I don't get caught with my pants down next time. Oh, and I also used the 'replace color' feature and it again selected the whole water, (light and dark blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back