Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difficult Trust Problem between forests

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty545

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I have a dmz.local forest that hosts our dmz. I also have a company.com domain that hosts our internal domain. I am trying to setup a one way trust between the two.

The difficult part, is that the dmz.local DC contains a DNS zone called company.com that is used to host the public namespace. We DO NOT want to list our internal DC in this zone.

So...how can i setup a trust between the 2 domains if both forests contain a company.com DNS zone?

Is it possible to use the etc/hosts or etc/lmhosts files for the trust relationship?

PLEASE HELP.....

Sorry guy, but I'm pretty sure you're hosed. In order for a trust to work the NetBios names must be unique. If you abosolutely require this you could possibly upgrade to Win2k3 and rename your internal domain? Just a thought.

All lessons learned from the School of Hard Knocks........at least tuition is cheap.

Sorry for the double post. These 2 servers are actually 2003 servers. I've reposted this in the Windows 2003 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back