Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Differnce between two dates in business days

Status
Not open for further replies.

jms1

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
GB
Hi everyone,
I can calculate the number of business days between two dates. If the release date is after the requried date eg late I get the correct number of working days, but In this instance the release date is before the required date eg released early(eg the required date of 1/1/04 and actual release date of 21/12/03), so I would expect to see a negative number of working days difference. I am getting zero for all instances where we released early and not late.

Please could you post your formula, and the version of Crystal that you are using.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

I am currently using version 9. HEre is the formula I am using:-

If wdaysClass1wdNumWorkDays (datevalue ({MPD_Manuals.ManualRequiredDate}), datevalue ({MPD_Manuals.DateCompleted}), "-23456-") = 0 then
Formula = 0
Else
Formula = wdaysClass1wdNumWorkDays (datevalue ({MPD_Manuals.ManualRequiredDate}), Datevalue ({MPD_Manuals.DateCompleted}), "-23456-") - 1
End If

see my faq :

faq149-4466

Reebo
UK

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back