Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

different voice mail messages and flows for different lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmupilot

Technical User
Apr 1, 2022
US

power was lost about a week ago, and when a call comes in on the first line the auto attendant picks up on the 5th ring plays the greeting (grt1) and directly after that there is another greeting (grt2) that plays, then it rings back to the front desk with is ext21 for 4 rings and the first greeting (grt1) (auto attendant) plays and you are able to leave a message.

We can't find where the second greeting (grt2) is stored or saved.
we have 5 lines port 5 is bad, we uses 1-4,6. 1 and 4 do the 2 greetings ring to ext21 and then greeting again and you can leave a message. lines 2,3 and 6 ring 5 times then greeting 1 and you can leave a message as normal.

ccr is disabled, only greeting 1 is saved. greeting 2-4 are blank, greeting 5-20 are not recorded.

You should check if the AA Menu prompt is recorded under your table 1. If so, either change it to NO but I believe you will then get Silicone Sally after your first greeting plays, or rerecord it with 1 second of silence. After it forwards to Ext 21 and goes to vmail, it is the mailbox greeting that plays, not your grt 1 from AA.

CCR is another place.

-GRTG/GRTG/x
-TABLE/x/AA Menu Prompt/
-CCR/Tree X/Path 0

If still an issue

Verification is
Go into AA/Lines/xxx to verify which Table is answering
Go into Table/x and verify which CCR Tree is enabled
Go into Table/x/ and check Morn,Afr & Evening to verify which Greeting # is assigned

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

AA menu prompt:N - the grt2 that I am referring to seems to be the AA menu prompt primary message. (fet983/120000/AA/table/grtg table:1
when I get grt1 it seems to be the greeting 1 (fet983/120000/grtg/greeting admin/grtg/1)

yes the do agree that after the AA then the menu prompt primary message it is then sent to extension 21 which is the same voice and message as "grt1" just on ext21 which i am now going to call "ext21grt"

Go into AA/Lines/xxx to verify which Table is answering // all lines are table:1, ring:5, ans:y
Go into Table/x/ and check Morn,Afr & Evening to verify which Greeting # is assigned //AA menu propt:N morn,afr and evening are 1

Can I just set it for ext21 to pick up with v/m?

Sorry, I missed sending that one back,

Go into Table/x and verify which CCR Tree is enabled // grtg table 1, aa menu prompt:n, morn1, aftn1, eve1, non bus1, lang pri, atdt21, ccr tree:disable
// grtg table 2, aa menu propt:n, morn1, aftn1, eve1, non bus1, lang pri, atdt21, ccr tree:disable
table 3 and up are invalid tables.

ccr tree:disable"
and
"table 3 and up are invalid tables"

Looks like like you have an older voicemail system, in future please mention the model up front.
2 Tables with 1 dedicated Tree for each Table

Go into AA/OTHER/CCR/ADMIN/1/CHG/PATH/0/REC then you will see an option to Rec or Play, play it.

If you need to change it then you must first disable the tree in Table/x/CCR and press DISABLE
Go back to CCR/Path 0 and record new greeting or a second of silence as it might be easier to change the first greeting.

To re-enable the Tree then just enter the # of the Tree as there is no RENABLE key

"phoneguy427
I believe I spoke in error,"

After more than 25 years I till get it backward sometimes, especially more so being over the hill.
I despise Menu Prompt and rarely program it.

They should have made it like:
N ( no)
Y ( yes )
System___Custom (sub choices of Y)

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

After more than 25 years I till get it backward sometimes, especially more so being over the hill.
I despise Menu Prompt and rarely program it.

They should have made it like:
N ( no)
Y ( yes )
System___Custom (sub choices of Y)

Agreed!

We're not over the hill, we're at the top of it with a nice view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back