Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Styles for Different Hyperlinks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

campbmb

Technical User
Apr 26, 2007
US
Is there a way to change to rollover effects of one particular hyperlink without having the changes affect all of the hyperlinks (in FP2003)? Thanks in advance!

CSS Pseudo Classes should help you out.

Code:
a:link {color: #FF0000}     /* unvisited link */
a:visited {color: #00FF00}  /* visited link */
a:hover {color: #FF00FF}   /* mouse over link */
a:active {color: #0000FF}   /* selected link */
And then you would apply the link class to your hyperlink
Code:
<a href=" [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.example.com"[/URL] class="link">Home</a>

|

Thanks for your response Corey. I followed your steps and they did work. However, maybe I should have explained a little more (although I didn't realize this was the actual problem until I was able to change the format based on info.

On page1, I have a table, and in one of the cells of the table, I have inserted another page (page2) by doing Insert Web Component --> Included Content --> Page. When I just pull up page2 on it's own, I was able to change the rollover format for the hyperlink so that they are different than the rollovers on page1. However, when I insert page2 into the table on page1, page2 takes on the rollover format of page1.

Is there a way to specify that the included page doesn't take on the rollover format (or even more general, page properties) of the page it is inserted into? Thanks again.

You can assign a divide / class and surround the <a> tags with a divide (layer) - like one of the many examples on listamatic. So inside that <td> you could apply the information maybe like
Code:
td.pagetwo a
{
     color:#FFD717;
     text-decoration: underline;
}
td.pagetwo a:hover
{
     color:#FFD717;
     text-decoration: underline;
}
and give that class to the <td> tag.

|

I've also wondered this before, myself. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I'll go ahead and post a star for that valuable information. [wink]

CoreyBryant, Do you happen to know if that same code can be used with any web development program (say Dreamweaver), or whether it only works within Frontpage?

I ask, b/c I do have a specific site I've worked on a couple of times within Dreamweaver, where I couldn't get one link to look the way I wanted - I didn't want it the normal blue, but rather white.

Anyway, good information. I'll have to try around with that some time..

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

kjv1611 said:
CoreyBryant, Do you happen to know if that same code can be used with any web development program (say Dreamweaver), or whether it only works within Frontpage?
Well Dreamweaver is just another WYSIWYG editor. The code is CSS which most browsers will read / support.

I don't even know if FP "supports" the code actually, but I think it does. What counts is the browsers - that is what the users will use, not a WYSIWYG editor.

|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back