Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Sheets within one Excel Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Programmer
Sep 20, 2000
US
I am running several queries in my ColdFusion application the results of which I want to store in different sheets within the same Excel Spreadsheet. Can someone please tell me how I can achieve this?

Thank you.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I need the same functionality. Please respond if you made any headway.

You can take a look at the articles on this site:

for information on how to use Excel as a datasource. I think you need to have Excel loaded on your CF server to accomplish this, but I've never done it. Good luck!

The CFComet website has some good introductory stuff if you want to get good at using COM objects to build your own Excel and Word files. I did this for a project where I had to merge environmental data with a monthly report template and spit the end result out as a downloadable Word file. However, it is tedious programming.

Another solution, if you are prepared to spend some money, is to get a commercial product for preparing Excel files. SoftArtisans has one called ExcelWriter. You can download an evaluation copy from their website. ( There are other products out there so you should do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back