Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different ring type door phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPchic

Technical User
Jul 21, 2011
MX
Hi everyone.
I have a customer that wants a different ring type in the door phone. This calls go to the operator and also the externals. And she wants to know the difference between external, internal and door phone.
I have no idea, cuz if I change in user>telephony>call setting>call sequence, all internal, or all external change.
tnks in advance!

Those changes only effect analog phones (ie, the ringing of an analog phone).
If she wants HER phone to ring differently when the door phone calls her...well that isn't going to happen.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Really?
any suggestion that could cover this need?
she has a 1616.

She needs to look at the screen, no other way :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

You could hire a monkey to poke her with a stick in different places depending on what what it reads on the screen. Could take a few years to train it though, i don't think monkeys that can read English are in abundance and if they are, they may be otherwise engaged in other things like running our current government (reading and comprehension are two different things!).

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Thanks again and I'll tell it to my customer

in regards to the different ring, I was faced with the same issue, the problem was worked around by installing a loude ringer on an analog port and puttin ghtat port in the hunt group.

Just point the door phone to a HG called Door - then it will display on the phone?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Yes, is door phone name, but the cust still insists in a different ring. I already explained her that situation. Thnks!

Indeed.
The $%^*! should stop nagging and do her job properly.
It is not there and it probably never will come either.
It is a phone system and not a personal assistant who tells you what to do.
Start thinking yourself.

I think i have a lot more but i will spare you all :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back