Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different outbound Caller ID after FWD No Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmun

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2002
US
Hi All,

In my previous post to this forum, I was able to figure out how to configure my out-bound Caller ID by entering the CONFIG section and modifying the OLI # value to display my direct dial number. (CONFIG > Terminals&Sets > (my extension #) > Line Access > OLI #)

And many thanks to those who helped me out.

While this worked great when I make out-bound calls directly from my handset, I discovered that when I set the Fwd no answer to forward to my Google Voice number (I want to use GV for my voicemail system instead of my office's VM system), the caller ID that comes across is the company's main line number.

Any hints on where I can program my line so that it broadcasts its own DID, whether I am making calls or if a missed call gets forwarded to my Google Voice number?

Earnie Eng

when your set's FNA kicks in it is essentially creating a conference call. It is dialing out on a PRI channel other than the one programmed as a target line for your set, thus you get company's outgoing identifier. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you think there could be some settings in the Telco Settings section I could manipulate w/o affecting the main system?

Earnie Eng

Your company has a Nortel Voicemail but you want to use GV instead? I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all. You have a Voicemail system that works with your system but you want to use another one? Am I understanding this right?

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

I am frequently mobile and the Nortel system dnor oes not have as detailed a call history nor the ability to translate speech to text. There may be more reasons to justify this need... but hey... I'm an end user with different needs than most.

Earnie Eng

Same. It picks up the system Caller ID instead of my desk phone DID phone number as I had previously programmed.

Earnie Eng

The only numbers I know you'll get when forwarding out a PRI is
A) The main trunk group number
or
B) The originating calling number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back