Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Information on Subreport - Summary and Footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbacchus

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
Hi:

Background:
I am running a report containing a sub-report. The Main report displays the details of the sub-report. The summary displays first followed by the main (detail)report. In the sub-report (summary), I display several transactions types with associated total number of users submitting those transactions (grouped by transaction types e.g. AA -14, AB -155, AB - 95 etc). At the end of the summary report I present a summary of the total number of transaction and the total number of users. This is fine, as I am using the =SUM function.

The Issue:
Because my total user count could be inflated (I can have the same user across several transaction types), I created the summary of the Total users for all the transactions types and gave it a transaction code of "99" indicating "system use only". On my summary page the transaction with "99" shows up as part of the other valid transaction types with the overall user count, which is what I didn't want. But if I filter it (the 99 transaction) out then it is not available in the "Report Footer".

Maybe there is a way to tell at some level of the report (eg: the detail section)to exclude the "99" transaction and have it available for the Report Footer section to print. Is this doable...How ?

thanks

fb

If I understand correctly, you can use code to cancel the printing of a section like
Code:
Cancel = ([TransactionCode]="99")
If the TransactionCode field is numeric:
Code:
Cancel = ([TransactionCode]=99)

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back