Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different Colours in Bar Chart Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good morning, we're using Webi 11 and I can't see how to get individual colours for chart elements. It separates out OK in a pie chart but not in a bar graph. I can't click on the individual element to set their properties. can it be done?

Many thanks,
D€$

It can't be done in the version of BusinessObjects that you're using. I think it may be possible in the latest version - there have been a LOT of upgrades to the Webi designer since XI.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks. Figures!! The guy who came to our training, way back when, moaned a lot about what this version can't do.

Many thanks,
D€$

Export the query data as a .csv on a schedule.

Import .csv into an Excel, via Data > Get external data > TEXT files. Did this on a schedule too.

Plot to your heart's content.

Did this often before our company started using Qlikview. Then they merely substituted Qlikview for Excel.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip, I'm totally over trying to replicate current charts etc. in Business Objects. I just advocate saving to Excel and doing it all from there.

Many thanks,
D€$

Always choose the best tool in the toolbox for the job.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back