Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different CFG file sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board4aLiving

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
Has anyone out there come across a cfg file that is exactly the same, however the file size is about 15k bigger than the other. Let me explain....

One site I maintain has a IPO 412, with 3 DS 30 modules, 2 Analogue station modules, 3 analogue trunk 16 modules, and 1 4port analogue line card. I ran into a problem with the system, and Avaya recommended defaulting the IPO and programming from scratch. After about 2 hours of programming and another few testing, that did fix the issues. I did however notice that the file sizes were completly different, but were programmed alike. The new cfg was of a smaller size than the old cfg.
(Old cfg size = 73k, new cfg size = 58k)

Any thoughts?

heykid26 [cannon]

Size matters? (does to some women)

does it work?

[lightsaber]

I have seen this with currupt config files, most times the .cfg needs to be rebuilt as the unit does not have memory to load the .cfg. Happens most when you have opened a config that was built in a earler version of manager that the firmware you are running. The config has entrys that manager does not know about and so currupts.

403 - 32k for .cfg
406 - 64k " "
412 - 128k

The config file cannot be bigger than the memory reserved to the .cfg on the different units
Watch out for Directory Entrys as these can make the config quite large.

Sorry to contradict you MrIPO but the current config sizes for the IP Office platforms running 1.4(x) s/w are as follows :-

401 - 64k for .cfg
403 - 192k " "
406 - 192k " "
412 - 1M " "

Rumour has it that the new Small Office Edition Platform (which will be available from version 2.0(x) onwards) will have 192k for config.

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Hey Endstop

Was there a doccument I missed that outlined the changes between 1.3(X) and 1.4(x) are my figures correct for 1.3(x)??

What are you basing this information on ???

Manager Application manual version 13.

Configuration Sizes section - on page 14.

This version of the Manager User Guide came along at the same time as version 1.4(x) core software, if I am not mistaken.

The other snippet (i.e. the config size supported by the Small Office Edition)came from an Avaya Product manager.

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back