Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Differences between Definity One, CSI, SI and R

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempriver

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
CA
I am trying to decipher the differences between the various Definity Servers. Is the Definity One actually and IP600 under a different name? What are the names of the media servers and media gateways involved in these products?

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, the Definity One and IP600 are the same thing in a different cabinet. The Definity one is a Prologic cabinet and the IP600 is in rack mount. The Prologix CSI is in the wall mountable plastic cabinet. All of the Definitys have 99% of the same features but use different processors and cabinets. Most of the trunk and station circuit cards will fit in all of the them. The G3r is the largest Definity with 25000 ports possible, and can have duplicated processor, hard disk and tape/optical back up.
The media servers and media gateways names keep changing and I find so confusing that I made a chart of which is which. I will have to look around for it.

G700 - Media Gateway.. For remote offices and small locations
G350 - another Media Gateway, lower capacity than G700
S8100 - the ip600 yet again
S8700 - replacement for the G3R series, comes in IP Connect (sits on cust netwk) or Multi Connect (sits on private subnet) variations
S8500 - replacement for the G3SI or G3CSI

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

You forgot the S8300. The S8100 windows based ruomored will not be around too much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back