Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Differences and max modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

divya

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
US
Hi
Can anybody help me in getting these answers..
My questions are..
1. What is the difference between Module and Class module?
2. How can we decide to which module we will go for?ex.. if we are writing a function, will that be put in module or class module..?
3. is there any limit of modules or class modules.. max how many modules we can write or include in a VB project..?
4. what are the differences between exe and active-xexe and dll and active-xdll?
5. differences between exe and dll and actve-xexe and active-xdll?

Hi
I think that you will have to do some reading.

1 A module is a file (.bas) that you can use to contain functions and public variable that the application will use. these will be called from anywhere in the project.
A Class module (.cls) is a module that you use to develop an object. use in object orientated programming.

2 normal everyday functions go in the Module (.bas)

3. I have no idea.

4&5. Right a Dll and an ActiveX Dll are the same things. These are Dynamic Link Libraries. They are complied bits of reusable code that your program can use to do stuff.
An ActiveX exe unlike a normal exe cannot be run like a normal exe. It is more like a Dll. The difference between an ActiveX Dll and ActiveX exe is that the Dll runs in the process space of the calling program (They share the same chunk of memory) while an ActiveX exe runs in its own space.

If this makes no sense then you should get a book to read might I suggest some thing from Sybex or Microsoft Press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back