Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference with "ISNULL" vs. "= Null": ODBC Driver Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbr501

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2001
US
I have a VB6 Appl. connecting to a Sybase 12.5 DB VIA ODBC using the Crystal API data access method. I have several reports created in CRW8.5 that use the isnull statement. When I run a report, no data is retrieved, however, if I switch the syntax to = null, it works. I use to use a older ODBC Merant Driver (ivsyb09.dll) that supported the isnull, but now the newer ivsyb15.dll does not.

Can anyone explain why this might occur and how the ODBC version and/or driver(s) or other runtime DLL's may affect this? Why can't this version support the "isnull"?

Thanks.

Along somewhat similar lines, I have intermittently had problems with the IsNull function and I had to resort to a different formula - Length({Fieldname})=0

Maybe these are related?

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back