Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

difference between winter tree and summer tree 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

satinsilhouette

Instructor
Feb 21, 2006
I am trying to understand the trees in PSFT EPM 8.9. I am making some assumptions, I am hoping someone can tell me if I am correct or not.

A winter tree would be pretty simple, not have any leaves on it as opposed to the summer tree which would be pretty full with lots of leaves?

Thanks!

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

Hi Satinsilhouette,

You are right - and Peoplebooks does not really provide much more detail than this. Summer trees do have leaves (and are referred to as 'detail-oriented' trees) - these usually have the lowest level of detail in the hierarchy recorded as leaves - usually used with GL reporting. Winter trees are also referred to as 'node-oriented' trees - these are most usually department trees - i.e you have the department hierarchy, level structure - but not using leaves to represent positions or account codes etc.

Probably not that useful an explanation - but there are a few examples in the Tree Manager Peoplebook.

Hope that helps

notadba Thank you for your response. This seems to be a slow moving forum. Which surprises me for how many companies are implementing PSFT. Is there another forum somewhere else someone could direct me to?

Thanks for your answer!

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back