Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

difference between the hi & low number in a column 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhetfield

Vendor
Apr 11, 2003
US
I have three numbers in a column (ex. A1, A2, A3) then I have a blank row & then three more numbers, etc. Each 3 row group is a set. The number amounts are random. I'd like to be able to get the difference between the highest number and the lowest number to fill in the blank row below each set. Is there a way to search three numbers and provide the difference between the highest and lowest number. I could then cut and paste that formula after each 3 row set.

Thanks in advance

You want the min and max functions.
Code:
=MAX(A1:A3)-MIN(A1:A3)

You already have your answer on the functions, but if you want to save yourself some work in copy/paste effort, then put that formula in the first blank, copy the cell, then selecet the entire range of data in Col A and do edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then do Edit / Paste :)

Regards
Ken................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back