Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

difference between SPN and NPA in LD 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCU

Vendor
Mar 14, 2006
IN
I have AC2(8) dialing pattern for calling inter sites 8+xxx+xxxx.And I have integrated cisco with Nortel. User reported that they were unable to reach other sites. 8+710+xxxx. And when I checked,found 1710 as NPA configured in the system. All the SPN has FLEN as 0 and NPA config has FLEN as 7.What is the difference between NPA and SPN? If I remove the NPA 1710 and configure 710 as SPN will it work?

-BCU

NPA = Numbering Plan Area = Area code
SPN = Special Prefix Number - i.e. 800, 011, 411...

Did you get a conflict when you attempted to build SPN 710? BTW, 1710 is a reserve area code, not used unless you're one of the fed agency that 710 reserved for.

As for will it work, maybe...depends

You can have an SPN 710 and an NPA 1710. You don't have to out the NPA 1710.
There is no conflict.

In the UK, we use SPN as all the numbers start with a "0". Having FLEN = "0" means that any digits dialed aren't checked for number length.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I tried to configure the SPN 710 and its giving conflict error with NPA. I tried to out at NPA and still getting the same error.

What error exactly? ESN072?
710 is probably an NXX or a LOC.
Go to LD 90
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT ac2
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE all

Do you know how you are going to route these calls to 8-710-xxxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back