Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

difference between "mobile dial delay" and "Mobile answer guard&q

Status
Not open for further replies.

psmit

Vendor
Apr 22, 2005
NL
Can anybody explain the difference between "mobile dial delay" and "Mobile answer guard"?
I implemented an extension with a twinned cellphone and a softphone in a huntgroup.All three devices a ringing, so far so good. but if the user is busy on his cellphone, the next call will be directed immediately into the voicemailbox of his cellphone. I know I can put some more dial delay to the twinned phone but that will cause a very short answer window before the no answer time will expire.

generally the user want the call falling back to the reception desk in case of no answer, but he still wants his voicemail on the cellphone useable when somebody calls him directly.

can the Mobile answer guard help in some way and what are practical figures for the timing?

The mobile dial delay is for a timer when the mobile phone shoul be contacted
If it is set for ten seconds then first your deskphone rings and after ten seconds the ipo calls your mobile too

the answer guard has to do with voicemail on the mobile phone
It prevents that callers will end up in the voicemail of the mobile phone when turned off
now the caller will follow the ipoffice settings

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back