Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference Between Cognos PowerPlay User Vs Admin Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

u253458

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi,

I am looking to buy Cognos Powerplay Version 7.1 for windows. But I am not sure if I need User Version or Admin Version.

Can somebody tell what are the componets of Powerplay User version as well as components included in Powerplay Admin version?

Is Admin version same as Enterprise Server Version?

Also, Is Access Manager Administration part of Cognos User version or Admin version?

Thanks,

U253458 (san)

First, Enterprise Server is PowerPlay for the web. Second, with PP user you will not receive the Access Manager admin tool, but you will be able to do the runtime configuration to point to your security source. If I remember correctly, PP User will not allow you to open remote cubes (from Enterprise Server) and some of the save options are different. There is also a difference in the Transformer version that is included on the CD's. One example, is the abiltiy to build more than one cube froma model with the admin version vs only one cube with the 'user' version.

flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back