Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between CLID trunk cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

grs033

Technical User
Nov 11, 2011
US
Hi folks,

I just installed a CICS system (running 7.1 software) for a small business. The used system I purchased for them had just the standard LS trunk cards installed. They would now like to upgrade the system to be capable of displaying Caller ID on the sets.

I took to eBay to see what CLID trunk cards are available. I'm seeing several different versions available, such as NT5B41GA-93, NT7B75AAAC, NT7B75AAAE, NT7B75AAAG, and NT7B75AAAJ.

Are there major differences between these revisions? Should I just go for the most recent revision (NT7B75AAAJ)?

I appreciate any insight anyone can offer. Thanks!

Every revision of the NT5B75AAAX are minute but i would steer clear of the NT5B41GA but to answer the question yes I would typically put in the latest releases if possible. Be careful with Ebay make sure wherever you get it from states a warranty.

If It's Not Broken...Don't Fix It!

Stephen Webb
Norstar, BCM and IP Office Engineer

It is probably safer to go with the newer version however I know some older phone guys who prefer the old ones. Like previously stated, get something with a warranty. If it's not tested, may have bad ports. Not worth it to go through all that to save $10 or $20.

There have been several instances where my CallPilot wouldn't recognize incoming DTMF. I replaced the new global CID cards with old NT5B41 CID cards and the trouble disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back