Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID'S TO SETSARE NOT GOING TO PERSONAL V.M.S PLEASE HELP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have a mics 5.0 with 4.0 nam. I have set the call forward to the vm port and set to 4 rings. When i call the did assigned to a phone, after 4 rings it goes to the main greeting and not to the persons personal voice mail box. If i lower the cfna number of rings to 3 or 2 it rings that many time and then to the main greeting of the office. I have a night ring button on the main set. i am not sure where to go at this point.. any suggestions??

you have an older version of NAM 4.0 that has this problem with MICS 5.0,Your solution is either downgrade to mics 4.1 and I know that is unlikely,or there is a patch that you can upload to your NAM and it will fix your problem.You can get that patch from your Nortel vendor .

Good Luck.

Yeah, It looks like you have not installed the patch that is needed to run 5.0 software with a 4.0 NAM. E-mail me and I can send you the patch.

thanks i guess i will have to upload the patch. Roldan, how do i get your email address?? I would love the patch.

Once again thank you

If you are using Voicemail Manager you can correct it.
Under "Options"
select "system options"
Change re-direct dn: to "N" Kevin Clear
Clearfield Comm.

Hmmm.... I am not running v.m. manager. I should probably hook that up. Kclear, is there away through a telephone set to do this change??
Thanks for your help...

Sorry Lizerath,

I forgot to post my address didn't I?
lroldan@adelphia.net

No you can't do that change from the phone,you have to use VM manager,and sometimes does not work like this ,you have to load the patch if you want the VM to work correctely.If you having trouble getting that patch from your Nortel vendor,you can downloaded at my website,under Tech. Documents.

Good Luck.

Sounds like Redirect DN issue to me as well, but to make sure, check the target lines for each DID if the prime set is set to the each user's extension, not 221. Also, set the DRT to prime to like 12 or something.
Good luck, and remember to wait for the deedle-deedle dee dual tone cadence when you install the patch and reboot, only then will the NAM be done. Sit there and do not leave for coffee..

Thank you very much for the help. You people are great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back