Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID's that come in on pbx A to ring on phones hooked to pbx B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcbtek

Technical User
Jul 9, 2013
US
Have two Nortel option 11s connected via digital tie line. Four digit dailing is working between systems at this time but customer would like DID's that come in on pbx A to going over tie line and ring phones on pbx B. Setup CDP to send DID over tie line but calls go to operator on pbx A.

Print your CDB in ld 21 - look for EXTT - if set for no, set it for yes. This might be the problem, there may be more....
30n30w

Thanks for input will check CDB.

Extt=yes, could it possibly be ncos levels with trunking?

Can you dial just the DID number on PBX A and ring the phone on PBX B? (in other words, do internal calls between PBX's work, it's just DID from outside->A->CDP to B that are failing?)

4 digit dailing works between sites just DID calls from PBX A to PBX B are blocked.

Since I replaced my other PBX with remote IPE shelves I no longer have this situation with CDP, but I would think if the NCOS on the incoming trunks matches that of the outgoing tie trunks, that should work. Something about FRL seems to stick in the back of my head...maybe on the RLI?
I hope someone else can chime in and help...it's been took long since I've worked with this scenario..

Thank you I will check the NCOS levels of trunks and check the FRL in the CDP RLB. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Make sure DITI is set to yes in the net data block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back