Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIDs from one sys to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelExpert

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2010
US
I have 2 MXe 3300's MCD 4.2 - Incoming DIDs come across MXe1 and outbound calls go out MXe2. I have a fax server that is connected to MXe2. How do I route DIDs from MXe1 to the SIP trunk located on MXe2. I cannot get DIDs to hit the SIP trunk on MXe 2. No matter how I route this. Can anyone shed some light on how I would do this. Thanks

For starters I would never try to run a Fax over SIP trunking. There's enough issues with IP (T38 and all that)

As to how I would do this? (assuming it can work)

Create a speedcall of MXe1 matching the incoming digits of the DID.

The actual digits dialed will use ARS to direct the call wherever I please.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Ive tried this. When I create a speed dial 2410 w/ actual number 65500 which points to dialed digits in ARS i have it routing via an IP trunk to MXe2. From there how do I get it to hit the SIP trunk? Ive tried every which way but cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to route this to hit the SIP trunk on MXe2?

Between this thread and the other I have the feeling that you do not understand ARS.

For your purposes you need the following programmed in order of programming.

SIP trunks
Trunk group containing SIP trunks
ARS route for selecting:
- Trunk Group
- Sip Trunks
- COR Group
- Probably blank one in this case (no restrictions)
- Digit Modification Group
- to strip Access codes and add endpoint steering digits if required.
ARS Digits Dialed
- Digit string for selecting ARS Route

When used, the system accesses the above in reverse order:

Digits are Dialed
- Match ARS digits Dialed
- Assigned to ARS Route
- Applies Digit Modification from ARS Route
- Check COR for ARS Route
- Selects Trunk Group From ARS Route
- Trunk group selects available trunk
- Trunk is selected and digits are dialed towards end point.

Let us know when you have the above set up. By that point the answers to your questions may seem obvious.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for your help but I must have not explained this correctly or in as much detail as needed. I understand ARS perfectly and have even had product support teir 3 look at this and I have it setup correctly we think it might be an issue with the dialogics virtual board. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back