Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Did yahoo send out a service announcement email today 12/28/2011? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrina11

Technical User
Apr 30, 2011
Hi experts! I just wonder if it is truth? Is it a real one?

I am absolutely confused. Should I provide the information they request? I am asking because this yahoo account is very important for me and I wouldn't like to loose it :(.

Thank you for any responces.

Katrin
YAHOO Mail
SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Account Update

Our records indicate that your account hasn't been updated as a part of our regular account maintenance. Reply our Customer Care with your personal

Information.
Do this by clicking reply.

Enter information below:

Full Name:
Username:
Password:
Date of birth:
Country or Territory:

This back up is necessary for update and to avoid blocking of your account. If you do not respond to this message.
you will lose your account permanently.

Thank you for your usual co-operation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Member Service Team

Thank you
Warning Code:********

It should also ask you for your SSN (if in USA), credit card number(s) and expiration dates, bank number(s) with the balance. Plus an arm and a leg....

I say - don't do it!

Nobody, especially your provider, should ask you for your password. Yahoo has your password, and even they will never ask you for it.

Have fun.

---- Andy

It asked me for compromising photos of myself, which I happily provided and without much consideration. PLEASE detect sarcasm here.

Online services never ask that type of information UNLESS you initiate some type of password change or password forgotten procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back