Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Running Avaya 406 with 4.2 firmware, running Voicemail Pro as well.

Hi guys. I would like to assign an available DID I have in my incoming call route to a voicemail box. This is going to simply be used for employees to leave messages when they are going to not be in the office. I don't want to assign an extension or phone to this, but rather I just want it to go straight to VM so the managers can just check it daily.

Can anyone give me am idea on getting me started with this?

Make a shortcode :

Shortcode - 888 (or something they never dial internally)
Feature - VM collect
Tel number - "#NoUser"

Go to NoUser (in the user list) and add a voicemail code (required for remote access)

Make another shortcode:

Shortcode - 777 (or something else they never dial internally)
Feature - VM collect
Tel number - "?NoUser"

Point the DDI to 888, have Managers dial 777 to check messages and record the appropriate greeting.

If you don't want to us the "No User" you can create a phantom user and use that in the same way :)

BTW, you can also create a group and use it's mailbox, that way you can light message waiting lights or distribute the voicemails straight to the Managers mailboxes etc :)

Actually, I like the group idea. So what your saying is that I just make a new Hunt Group called Attendance for example, and point the destination for the DID right to the group? I wouldn't really need any short codes for this one right?

You would not *need* shortcodes, but I would use a direct leave code.

#XXX/VM Collect/#N

Point your DID to #210 (or whatever the HG extension is)

Then you could put the manager(s) into the group (not enabled, just a member), and put a HAttendance in their source number to light up their phones.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

I would build a module with a voice question.
Destination, a group or phone which need to have these messages.
No need for extra shortcodes.
Destination in incoming callroute: VM:ModuleName

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Does mean a # though to finish the recording, since Avaya broke it :)

:)

It will be fixed in the next release.
I already tested this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back