Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Did Outlook 2010 install delete a secondary calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itechaust

Technical User
May 1, 2012
AU
We run Windows SBS 2008 with MS Exchange 2007. All desktops are connected to the domain and all users have roaming profiles. Existing desktops run XP Pro and Office 2007. All users also have iPhones and our mailboxes, contacts and calendars are synchronised between PCs, iPhones and MS Exchange OWA.

Recently we purchased 3 new PCs with Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010 Home and Business. I configured one for an existing user (call him "Jim") who has multiple Outlook calendars - the default calendar plus a separate calendar he created himself in Outlook 2007 and called "Family". I tested everything by logging in as Jim, opened Outlook and allowed it to synchronise. On the following day, Jim logged in to his XP machine and discovered that the Family calendar had disappeared. We could not find it anywhere and he had to re-create it.

Before I upgrade everyone else to Windows 7 I need to know whether this is a known issue and how I can prevent it happening to other users. I know that at least 5 of my XP users have secondary calendars. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back