Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID numbers playing announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmi

MIS
Jul 31, 2013
US
Not real sure why this is happening, but all of my DID numbers are playing the "Invalid Number Dialed Intercept Treatment" announcement when dialed from an external source. Any ideas how this happened and/or what I can do to fix it?

Put a trace up on the trunk group (list trace tac xxx), dial a DID station, and see what digits the carrier is sending you. If they are sending you 4 digits and your extensions are 4 digits, there should be no issue. Was there an upgrade done to your PBX or any other changes? Check the incoming call handling table to see if any digit manipulation is being done. On older Avaya switches it's part of the trunk group. In newer switches it's a separate table.

Kevin

It could also be your provider upgraded their switch software, and in the process "lost" the config for your circuit, they might be sending you the full 10 digit number now, and perhaps you are only expecting 4. I'd check with the provider as well, and see if they did any "upgrades" recently.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Better to check with provider about your DID range and the number of digits they are sending accross the trunk.
Nevertheless put a trace on trunk to see call is coming on trunk.

Are these new did numbers you recently added?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back