Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID numbers not in use 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedps

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
US
Is there a way to get a caller to get busy or reorder tone when they call a DID number in the switch that is not in use yet?

Yep.

In LD, 15, you can adjust the intercept treatments of any type of call. I believe the entry for non-defined DID's is CTVN (Call to Vacant Number), and if you set the options to OVF OVF OVF OVF, any call to those numbers will be given busy or overflow tone. You can also set it to BSY, but I think it is the same to an external caller.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

couple of places you can do that, scott is right, but for just one or two numbers you can use idc tables.. for did and non did you can use the vnr prompt.. the rdr data works, remember that the fed regs on a did require the switch to provide answer supervision for all assigned did's. to comply we have an intercept ran.. you have reached a vacant number at phr... i have never heard of any fines or problems for people that do not comply with that reg

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back