Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID number

Status
Not open for further replies.

labo33

Technical User
Nov 3, 2004
CA
Can anyone help me with this? How do I make a 4 digit local that goes through a switchboard into a DID?

Sorry, I have a number 444-0000 ext 1234 how do I make this a DID.

if 1234 is a did, then just put it on a set..

chg
4 0 0 0
echg yes
key 0 scr 1234

return.. your did range is provided by your local telco (usually). they sold you a block of numbers and past that you can put them on any set.. might check the idc table, ld 49 prt idc.. see if there are any translations in there..

if my did range was 1234 but my spre was 1 i could put 2234 on my station and use ld 49 as a translator.. not that common// the only way to tell if 1234 is a did is to either check with your provider or check the bill, it may be listed there

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

444-0000 would be described as a phone number, and the ext 1234 is a DN you can arbitrarily assign.

If you wanted 444-0000 to always ring at ext 1234, then you identify the "Trunk Route" that number is a member of. In other words, when calls come in, what series of numbers are displayed on your phone. The first series is probably 4 digits long and then a ' - ' (dash) then a shorter series of numbers.

LD21
REQ prt TYPE rdb - press return responding to CUST and ACCD. The first series of numbers displayed in the phone is the ACCD.

Then LD21 REQ prt TYPE ltm

The second series of numbers will be one of the members.

The after you determine how many other trunks are in a hunt chain, you can decide how many extensions are needed to handle the calls.

Then create a new LD16 Trunk Route with everything the asame as the one you printed, except respond YES to AUTO.

Out the trunks you want to point to ext 1234 then rebuild them as members of your new Route, and responding to ATDN with "1234"

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back