Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID number not landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shailendra06

Technical User
Dec 29, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have to configure one DID number.
i did the following:-

1) configured one Group Hunt no 36.
2) configured one PLDN 7008.
3) put the given four extns in Group 36.
4) in CLS fna,hta,cfta,pua,gpua,dpua,hfamwa etc..

The DID call is not landing onto any extns in group.
When the customer dials the DID number ,he is getting engage Tone.

Can anyone help me to track this problem.

Thanks
Shailendra06.

Did you change a DMI table to point incoming digits to this new PLDN?

I have created the IDC table.How it is mapped to PLDN and where the PLDN is mapped to DID.
Pls help me.

Regards
Shailendra06.

From what I remember about hunt groups, you need to activate the hunt group at each set at least once for the calls to start going through. To do this, you need to find the flexible feature code to activate/deactivate the hunt group. I believe this can also be placed on a button. Is there a reason why you can't just put the number on a button at everyone's set?

Hi,

What i should define in hunt group.As of now,it is hunting to Meridian Mail 7000.
What is mean by activating the hunt Group at sets.
Kindly explain in brief.

Regards
Shailendra06.

Hunt Group works at once it created. No need any activation or a feature code.

To create/modify IDC table:
LD 49
chg
idc
DCNO nn <- the number of your IDC table
IDGT xxxxx <- enter incoming DID didgits you want to map
xxxxx YYYY <- enter destination DN (PLDN)

To activate IDC on DID rout:
LD 16
chg
rdb
IDC YES
DCNO nn <- nn is the number of IDC table you've created in LD 49
NDNO nn

Hope this helps

Hi,

i did everything,whatever you all said but the problem still persists.
Actually,yesterday i asked the customer to dial the DID number, i trac the number in Ld 80,i found that it is seizing the COT line instead of DID line.
I don't know what next course of action i should take to resolve this issue.

Someone,kindly get back to me at the earlist with proper sol.

Regards
Shailendra06

try removing the hunt group and try the hunt option on one of the 1st lines (just for a test.)
other things you could try is creating a CDN and point it to your PLDN.
Another thing you could try is creating the DID as a Phantom and then DCFW to your PLDN.

Just a few options for you.

If it is going to a COT instead of DID, I would think it would have to be LEC problem. Yes No?

ok! thanks a lot.I will check out with the customer.

Regards
Shailendra06

1st make sure it's a did.. remove the hunt group, add that dn to a station.. call from outside line, see if it hits the scr.. if not look at the idc table.. some did's need an entry in the idc table to convert.. the majority of then do not.. ie the provider send either 3 or 4 numbers that fit into your dial plan...

always best to test the problem with the most simple software possible.. make sure the number comes in. then if needed set up the hunt group and test it internal, then test it external... break down trouble into smaller parts.. two ways to have a number from outside ring an internal dn.. one is did, the other is auto...

in did the provider sends the digits. another way is for the provider to send the call and you auto term that to a dn. auto=yes in the rdb atdn=dn in the route...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back