Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID not dialing though from outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinsak

Technical User
Nov 13, 2013
US
This is my first time ever posting in a forum in my 10 years of IT, sorry I'm long winded.

I have a user who had forwarded his phone from his main location to another location. Not knowing that he had done that (and needing to setup another user for the extension he was forwarded to) I modified his profile in Director for the new user, when I realized what had happened his profile was trashed. I ended up deleting his profile and the phone from Director and copied an existing user (whom had his own DID assigned) to create a new profile for the user. I reassigned the user the same extension and DID number that he had previously. We can call the user internally using his extension, but every time you try to call the user using his outside number aka DID number, the system gives a message saying the extension is unavailable. To troubleshoot I've had the user reboot the phone and deleted and recreated the profile in Director from scratch instead of copying from an existing user. I can change the user's DID to another open extension and am able to call through. Tonight I am going to reboot the PRI and the Switch, but in some forums I've read that didn't fix the problem. I'm hoping someone will have an idea, as if there is some config/ini file that needs to be refreshed either on our Shoretel server or the PRI.

Rebuild the DID as DNIS. If this works then you have corruption in the system and will need ShoreTel Support to fix it. There was a documented issue regarding this and it was resolved in a later build of software a while ago. Your ShoreTel vendor can have this resolved in no time unless you have Enterprise Support and you can call them yourself. An upgrade to the later build will need to be done to keep the problem from coming back.

APDS,ACIS,ACSS - BCM, CS1000, IPO, AURA
Shoretel Certified Engineer

Thanks for the update, I'll check with our vendor and see if this fixes the problem.

Have you tried taken the DID in question and assign it to a test Auto-Attendnt or Route-Point and try calling it? Be good to see if you can get the DID in question to ring anything.

Yes, right now I have it set to a Route Point, then I'm forwarding that to the user's extension. We were in-between vendors so ShoreTel has a mandatory 2 week waiting period before they will support anything. Our vendor's tech is supposed to be here this morning and we are going to contact ShoreTel hopefully they will be able to fix the problem with out telling us we need to upgrade, were on 12.1.

The only way to fix the problem is to install a later build of 12.1 that has the fix in it. If you are going to that extent you might as well take advantage of the free software from ShoreTel and get to the latest 13.3 or even 14.1. I would go to 12.3 at the very least.

APDS,ACIS,ACSS - BCM, CS1000, IPO, AURA
Shoretel Certified Engineer

Well the problem fixed it'self, it only took a couple of weeks. My guess is there was some sort of config/DB file/entry that needed to update. We are looking at updating to 12.3 since we are still on Server 2003 for that machine and will look at 13.3 when we build a new 2008 r2 server for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back