Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID & NAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaDon

Vendor
Jul 14, 2004
US
I have a new install for a real estate office; they have close to 200 agents.

1. I need most of the DID's to go directly into the agents voice mail, most agents have no DN.

2. I have about 25 DID's that I need to transparently forward to an outside number.

MICS 6.1
NAM 4.1

Thanks for any help.

Don

wants almost all DID's to vm without set "guest mailboxes"...direct to mb without set

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Sorry I did not make myself clear, How can I make these 2 request work?

Don
770-642-9369

Thanks Marv!! I am not some guy that just started doing this. I am just stumped on this. I have taken a "course". I ask a fair question and I get your response. Others pose questions not even knowing how to get into programing and I get your bits of wisdom.

In the past this was a good place to come and share and learn. Perhaps the "personality has changed"

Don

with that said...i think you need to have active ports for each mb...i know you can do with hg but you are limited to the number of hg's
so if you have a 0x32 with 7.0 2 6 port exp crds and 22 asm's = 11 exp ports" need 1 slot for nam" you could get a little over 200 did's to vm boxes on a 2 ring fna senario...also may be able to do with dig sets...plug into the active port and do a hard call foward"still leave 2 ring to vm in sys prog" but not 100% sure its works and would need to test later in my lab may work until system does a reboot still not sure ..been awhile...THIS IS NOT WHAT A NORSTAR WAS DESIGNED TO DO MAY WANT AN OPT 11 AND A CALL PILOT

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

I have done this, though not with as many agents. Set DID's as Target Lines, and assign Target Lines to A&R on unused DN's. Set each DN to CF/NA to voicemail on 2-rings.
And by default, Norstar sees unused expansion ports as Station Modules, so those DN's can be used as well. (ie: If you have a 6-port expansion cartridge, and 2 ports in use, then 4-ports x 16-stations = 64 additional DN's available.)
Hope this helps!

If your receive digit length is the same length as your DN length, then set users up with GUEST mail boxes. Make the Vmail DN be the prime set for each target line. It will find the match. Same as setting up Express Messaging lines.

I'm still thinking on your question number 2. By transparently, do you mean there are no sets involved?

MarvO said it

Marv01

Yes there are no sets involved, I might have to use 1 set for virtual DN's to make this happen.

Thanks,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back