Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Did Line Promblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnm1

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
CA
Ouch this is a tough one.Here is the situation.I've set up the main reception phone so they only have to hit 1 key for nite service.Know the promblem is the customers main line comes in on a analogue did line.If you set the d.i.d. lines prime for the voicemail dn all the d.i.d. calls on nite service go to voicemail A.A.(This is what the customer wants) . Promblem is if you take it off of nite service the first call can be answered by reception but all other calls beyond the first call go to the voicemail A.A.Is there a way to have it where on nites the d.i.d. calls all go to the voicemail A.A. and when night service is taken off for the recepionist to get all the d.i.d. calls?Its been fun trying to figure this one out.The customer wants it as easy as possible without having to call forward the set as well as put on the nite service.There must be a way to get this to work?The software version is Mics 2.0 xc software with a NAM voicemail system.Any help would be most appreaciated!

target line to service... target line to appear/ring or ring on attendant console...physical DID trunks are set to "prime to none" and no appearences anywhere anytime ever...

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Hi Pat,Tryed all of those programming situations.If you remove prime to the Voice Mail A.A. it reverses the senario_On day ringing the receptionist gets all the calls but when it is put on nite service only the first call goes to A.A. 2nd incoming call rings on the receptionist phone but does not go anywhere just keeps ringing.

ivent done in 2.0 but in 4.0 and above.

prime to none
services > ringing service > add the Voicemail DN as extra dial (trunk answer yes)

hit the night service and all calls go to AA
day time target line primed to reception

Hi it works but heres the promblem.First call gets answered by the VM A.A. second D.I.D. call just rings on the reception phone.I did as stated above any other ideas?

Sounds like a target line problem. I had an issue like this.
What are the DID's coming in on? Mine are on a T1 and start as line 145 for my 5800 and go up from there.

Your DID target lines should start at line 145 and go up from there. I had my system set to answer lines 1-8 to AA, but it turns I wanted line 145 to go to AA. Had me all twisted in knots for half a day. My Field Manager came in and figured it out in 5 minutes :)

The target line that we are trying to to get the VM A.A. to answer is Line 145.I will try to give the Scenario again.On day ringing d.i.d. line 145 rings on the main receptionist phone ,I have the prime set to the main reception phone so any overflow will not busy out but go to the receptionist intercom keys.This way more then 1 d.i.d. call be answered by reception.In other words I'm utilizing the d.i.d. lines like overlines.This works fine,But when it is set up like this, nite ringing will not pick up the d.i.d. ringing on the receptionist intercom keys.In other words it will get the first line that rings but all the other calls that overflow to the main receptions intercom keys keep ringing.Now if i change it to have Line 145 s prime to be the VM dn it reverse itself .Now the VM A.A. can get all the d.i.d.calls on nite ringing but on day ringing beyond the 2nd call at reception it busys out.The customer wants the same for both days and nites.Tough one eh?

I forgot to mention its on analogue D.I.D Trunks.

See if faq799-2183 relates to your issue.

DueE

Good Faq but i already have it set this way.Promblem is when you take the system out of nite ringing back to normal
day time ringing you can't get any calls beyond 1 call because they get busyed out.What the customer wants is to be able to have the the same thing for both nite and daytime ringing.

ok i had this same problem on a 0x32 and a old 2.0.04l star talk vm...there was no fix needed to upgrade vm company sued us ...we were nortel at time and spent months trying to find work arround but it was same issue lead copper DID was main number had gen delivery mbox set up to sound same as AA with press * to get to AA from gen delivery mbox.Sorry it took so long it was the first 0x32 we sold out of stamford CT and they still were using copper 6 port expansion card and copper modules release r1t1...mitsubushi imaging in westchester ny. wow that hurt to dig that far on an issue

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

hnml, do you have access to ITAS-Tip-055 NA? If not, post a email addr and I will forward it to you.

DueE

Hi Due E you can get a hold of me at megalink7@yahoo.com

Thanks

just set up multiple appearances of target line 145 and don't allow it to overflow to dn key

hnml, send the tip this morning.
Multiple target line appearances came out in MICS 4.0.

DueE

hnml, got your email. Good Luck, let us know if that helps.

DueE

Make sure under f982 that you have answer line set to yes,and under f983/lines tell it to answer the did trunks after say 8 rings,make sure your controll set for that line is the recept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back