Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID Lables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlg

Technical User
Mar 25, 2001
US
I have a new client who is taking over an existing Legend system. They have a T1 serving the office with E&M setup from the provider. The processor has been upgraded from R1(?) to R5.

Since all calls are delivered as DID, is it possible to lable each DID call so that it is identified on the operators console? They are providing service to a sub-tenant and they want the operator to answer accordingly.

Thanks for any input.

Unfortunately, DID calls cannot be sent to the operator. Technically you can build a calling group and point it to the operator, but it doesn't work in the field nearly as well as in theory. You would be better off with LS/GS lines.

Ghostin,

You confirmed what I was thinking.

The only way I could come close was to set primary cover on the operator console for each extension tnat needed to be answered. It works, but you can only have one appearance.

Thanks for your reply.

You can modify your scenario with a "pickup" feature. Works like this: Call comes in on cover button, press a system access button FIRST, then, pickup ext XXX. You can ann more SA buttons as necessary.

Another more complex, but neater solution is to use labeled calling groups that overflow to a QCC (the operator phone). That tells you who's calling, stacks the calls, tells how many calls are in queue, and so forth. If you have more than three DID's this is the way to go, otherwise try the other. TipHelp@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back